The Present Simple is learned when we first begin to study English and is used all the time.
Remember that for I/you/we/they the verb doesn't change but for he/she/it you add an 's' on the end!
For example: (never/Shawn/soccer/play/at school) = Shawn never plays soccer at school.
Write sentences from these words:
- (to the cinema/go/never/I)
- (dinner/usually/we /have/at 9:00pm)
- (Sara/nice clothes/wear/always)
- (always/people’s name/forget/I)
- (read/always/in bed/I)
Click here for answersHide Answers
- Michelle always enjoys parties.
- I never go to the cinema.
- We usually have dinner at 9:00pm.
- Sara always wears nice clothes.
- Phillip always arrives early.
- Jenny never watches television.
- I always forget people's names.
- Laura always works hard.
- I always read in bed.
- Patrick never eats alone.
Lesson by Amanda Pooley, EC Cape Town English Language School