A - Practice changing these sentences from Direct to Reported Speech. You do not need to change the verb tense.
E.g. Nancy: The world is beautiful.
Nancy says (that) the world is beautiful.
1. Bobby: Jacob has a lot of friends.
2. Diane: It's time to get ready.
3. Mike: The weather is great today.
4. Drew: Most people are friendly.
5. Stacy: It a beautiful day.
B - Now let's practice changing sentences from Direct to Reported (Indirect) Speech some more, but be sure to complete the Reported Speech sentences using the correct pronouns.
E.g. Lindsay (yesterday): My brother's putting on a musical show tomorrow night.
Lindsay said (that) her brother's putting on a musical show tonight.
1. Bill: I love playing golf.
2. Jane (to Tom): I enjoy talking to your brother.
3. Tom (to Jane): I don’t know why you enjoy talking to my brother.
4. Tom: I wonder if Jane enjoys talking to me.
5. Ned (a few days ago): I am having a job interview later today.
A and B Answers >>Hide Answers