The Present Simple is learned when we first begin to study English and is used all the time.
It is important to know how to make negative sentences in the Present Simple.
Positive: Jack eats ice-cream every day.
Negative: Jack doesn’t eat ice-cream every day.
Try to make these sentences negative:
1. She has a bath every day. i.e "She doesn't have a bath every day."
2. Lara plays the piano very well.
3. We work very hard.
4. He does the same thing every day.
5. They know my phone number.
6. I read the newspaper every day.
7. My brother likes the cinema.
8. Brian wears a wedding ring.
9. John lives near us.
10. I drive to university.
Lesson by Amanda Pooley, EC Cape Town English School
- 1. She have a bath every day.
- 2. Lara play the piano very well.
- 3. We work very hard.
- 4. He do the same thing every day.
- 5. They know my phone number.
- 6. I read the newspaper every day.
- 7. My brother like the cinema.
- 8. Brian wear a wedding ring.
- 9. John
- 10. I drive to University.