When someone asks you "What's your star-sign?", they are asking about which of the 12 signs of the zodiac you were born under. It is believed by many that your personality (character) is linked to the date you were born, furthermore, people say that you can predict your future by your star-sign.
The twelve signs of the zodiac are:
Capricorn: December 23 - January 20
Aquarius: January 21 - February 19
Pisces: February 20- March 20
Aries: March 21 - April 20
Taurus: April 21 - May 21
Gemini: May 22 - June 21
Cancer: June 22 - July 22
Leo: July 23 - August 21
Virgo: August 22 - September 23
Libra: September 24 - October 23
Scorpio: October 24 - November 22
Sagittarius: November 23 - December 22
Let's learn some new vocabulary by looking at the typical personality of a person whose star-sign is Capricorn.
- ambitious - a strong wish to be a success or achieve something.
- careful - giving a lot of attention to what you are doing so that you do not have an accident, make a mistake, or damage something.
- disciplined - behaving in a very controlled way.
- humorous - very funny. To be able to make people laugh.
- patient - to be able to wait, or to continue doing something despite difficulties, or to be able to suffer without complaining or becoming annoyed
- practical - to have good common sense and to be effective in a particular situation.
- prudent - to avoid risks and dangerous situations; similar to careful.
- reserved - to not show your emotions, feelings or thoughts.
- miserly - someone who hates spending money.
- pessimistic - a person who only focuses on the negative side of a situation and is always negative about the future. The opposite is optimistic.
Now match the personality adjectives above to the correct sentences:
- She's always so negative about everything. She' the most person I have ever met!
- Take your time. I don't mind waiting for you. I'm a person.
- My brother is , but I'm not. He wants to be millionaire.
- Japanese people are often described as because they don't show their emotions.
- Don't expect him to buy you anything expensive. You know how he is.