Improve your English skills to succeed at university
You will focus on areas such as: writing assignments on specific topics, listening to lectures and taking effective notes, and preparing and giving academic presentations. You will also understand issues such as referencing, how to avoid plagiarism, and other ‘dos and don’ts’ you will need to know at university.
This is a Special Focus Programme, combining 20 lessons of General English with 10 Special Focus lessons of Academic English for a complete intensive experience that is tailored to you and your personal reasons for learning.
This course is available at
This is a Special Focus Programme, combining 20 lessons of General English with 10 Special Focus lessons of Academic English for a complete intensive experience that is tailored to you and your personal reasons for learning.Book Now
Your 10 weekly Academic English lessons will focus on areas such as:
Listening to lectures
Understanding academic texts
Expressing ideas and opinions
Free language workshopsFree language workshops take place in an informal setting and target specific linguistic skills. Expect interesting lectures, topical conversation sessions and pronunciation practice.
Take this course if:
You want to study at an English speaking university.
You desire an academically rigorous class that focuses on academic speaking, reading, and writing skills.
You want to study with students who are also motivated to enter university.
Available: all year
Lesson length: 45 minutes
Lessons per week: 20 General English lessons + 10 Academic English lessons per week
Hours per week: 22.5
Minimum length: 1 week
Starts: every Monday
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
As soon as you book your course, your learning journey begins:
- Access EC Online from home to start your journey, test your starting level and get prepared
- Arrive at EC, settle in, and meet your teachers, support staff and classmates
- Follow a robust curriculum to achieve measurable results across all English language skills
- Log your progress, assess your strengths and weaknesses and personalise your path with EC Advance
- Receive continual guidance, monitoring and feedback from your teachers
- Assess your finishing level, and receive a certificate validated by Oxford University Press
- Continue to benefit from EC Online for three months after you leave
We believe in giving our students the knowledge and tools they want and need to thrive, be it academically or professionally. With continuous guidance, monitored progress, and optimised learning through EC Online, your success is guaranteed.Discover more