- Fusion 12 is 52 weeks long. Fusion 6 is 26 weeks long.
- The Fusion programme consists of four stages:
- Online self-study – Access to the digital platform marks the start date of the Fusion programme.
- Pre-Immersion period – Before students travel to their EC course, this period also includes live preparatory group sessions (45 mins) and private sessions (30 mins) with an EC teacher.
Fusion 12 (8 weeks prior to the start date of the EC course) includes: 16 group + 8 private sessions
Fusion 6 (4 weeks prior to the start date of the EC course) includes: 8 group + 4 private sessions
- Immersion period – Continuous access to the online self-study platform while attending the EC course.
- Post-Immersion period – Access to the platform continues until the end of the Fusion programme. This period also includes live group conversation sessions (30 mins) and private sessions (30 mins).
Fusion 12: Unlimited conversation sessions + 4 private sessions
Fusion 6: Unlimited conversation sessions + 2 private sessions
- Students must be at least 13 years old to participate. For students under 18, signed parental consent will be needed.
- Payments may be made in cash, bank transfer or credit card and must be received in full 2 weeks before the pre-immersion period.
- A non-refundable deposit of USD160/CAD200/GBP125/EUR140 must be paid immediately upon booking. A booking confirmation will only be sent when a deposit has been received. Payment must include all bank transfer charges (including intermediary bank charges) if applicable.
Refund Policy and Cancellation
- All refunds are made to the original fee payer. No written notification of cancellation is required, except in California.
- If a student visa is rejected for the EC course abroad, the student can still complete the Fusion programme online and in the case of cancellation request, Fusion refund policy and cancellation will apply as below:
- If cancellation is requested at least one week before the start date of Pre-Immersion period, EC will refund fees received in full, less the non-refundable fees of USD160/CAD200/GBP125/EUR140 (online licence)
- If cancellation is requested before the mid-point* of the Pre-Immersion period, EC will refund 50% of the amount paid, less the non-refundable fee.
- If cancellation is requested after the mid-point* of the Pre-Immersion period, students will not be refunded.
*Mid-point of the Pre-Immersion period means when students have completed half the live lessons. For Fusion 12, mid-point is reached upon completion of 4 private sessions and 8 group sessions. For Fusion 6, mid-point is reached upon completion of 2 private sessions and 4 group sessions.
- Refunds will be made within 45 calendar days of the documented date of cancellation.
Tutoring and Tutoring Credits
- Students will receive and be able to purchase live tutoring credits (“Credits”) to schedule private sessions through the Fusion platform. These are 30 minutes and require 2 Credits each.
- Sessions can be scheduled according to the student’s preferences and teacher/virtual classroom availability.
- Students may cancel a scheduled session up to 24 hours before the class start time and receive a full refund in Credits. No Credit refund will be provided for cancellations made less than 24 hours before the class start time. Credits are non-transferable.
- All Credits available during the Pre-Immersion period will expire on the last day of the Pre-Immersion period. All Credits available during the Post-Immersion period will expire on the last day of the Post-Immersion period.
Preparatory Group Sessions
- These sessions are 45 minutes each.
- They can be scheduled in advance at pre-determined times. If students do not find a convenient session to join, they can contact the Fusion Director of Studies (DOS) to request a different time.
- Students can reserve group sessions up to the time of the session (if there are still seats available). They can cancel up to ten minutes before the session in order for the session to not count as reserved.
- These sessions must be taken before the end of the Pre-Immersion period.
- These sessions are 30 minutes each.
- They are available to join multiple times a day during the Post-Immersion period.
- Students have access to unlimited sessions until the last day of their Fusion programme.