Learn English in New York
In the heart of Manhattan’s Times Square, and with fantastic city views, our modern school is just minutes away from 5th Avenue, Broadway and the Empire State Building.
- Located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square
- 8 bright and spacious classrooms
- Average class size of 12 students (maximum of 15)
- Free wireless internet access
- Library facilities
- Self study room and student lounge
- Social and cultural programme
Whether you wish to learn English for the experience, to pass an exam or to further your career, we have the right course for you.
Where you choose to live is a central part of your study abroad experience. We have a variety of accommodation options to suit your lifestyle, budget and needs.
Stay with students
Live with other EC students from all over the world. Whether you want to stay in a residence with other English learners or alone in an apartment, our accommodation options will ensure you find the perfect home away from home.
Stay with students
- Key Staff
Bindu Varghese Centre Director
Bryn Keating Academic Director
+1 (0) 212 490 0865
EC New York, 1450 Broadway, 14th Floor, New York. NY 10018 USA
- Student Mix
Age 16-17 2% 18-20 16% 21-25 49% 26-30 10% 31-40 10% 41-50 2% 51+ 2% Nationality Korean 19% Japanese 19% Brazilian 11% Swiss 8% French 5% Columbian 5% Other 33%
Alongside lessons, enjoy a fun programme of social and cultural events.
Get the best from your destination and make the most of your time. As an EC student, you will be invited to a free welcome event and enjoy a varied calendar of social and leisure activities throughout your stay. Some of the many activities available include:
- Movie Night: Watch a movie together and discuss it afterwards.
- Museum of Modern Art: Visit to the famous MoMA.
- Brooklyn Bridge: Enjoy the scenery with a walk along the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Yoga: Relax and stretch in a peaceful outdoor space.
- Art class: Take part in an art class led by a member of staff.
Please note: All activities are subject to change without notice and may be offered seasonally.
At EC New York, there are 3 timetable options when studying General, Semi-Intensive and Intensive lessons. During busy periods, we use an alternative timetable, called double-banking. Alongside your classes, we also provide the following support to help you learn:
- Lecture Series: Practice listening and note-talking skills in a real-life setting with a teacher or another native English speaker.
- Pronunciation Clinic: Choose from ’general’ pronunciation clinics for all students and clinics target at specific accents.
- Conversation Class: Join a group conversation with a teacher or native English speaker to discuss an issue of interest.
- Exam Skills: Learn the skills that will help improve your exam scores.