Learn the language and acquire the skills you need to excel academically. This course is designed specifically for those students who want to be thoroughly prepared for higher education at an English-speaking university, with the aim of giving you the tools and confidence needed for a successful academic experience.
There are plenty of social activities to help you make the most of your time in San Diego, from beach volleyball to surfing, museums, regular outings and other events.
This is a Special Focus Programme, combining 20 lessons of General English with 10 Special Focus lessons of Academic English for a complete intensive experience that is tailored to you and your personal reasons for learning.
You’ll challenge yourself, become more independent, and make lasting friendships with people from all around the world!
School: +1 858 456 1212
Bookings: +356 23 790555
This is a Special Focus Programme, combining 20 lessons of General English with 10 Special Focus lessons of Academic English for a complete intensive experience that is tailored to you and your personal reasons for learning.Book Now
Your 10 weekly Academic English lessons will focus on areas such as:
Listening to lectures
Understanding academic texts
Expressing ideas and opinions
Free language workshops
Free language workshops take place in an informal setting and target specific linguistic skills. Expect interesting lectures, topical conversation sessions and pronunciation practice.
Take this course if:
You want to study at an English speaking university.
You desire an academically rigorous class that focuses on academic speaking, reading, and writing skills.
You want to study with students who are also motivated to enter university.
Available: all year
Lesson length: 45 minutes
Lessons per week: 20 General English lessons + 10 Academic English lessons per week
Hours per week: 22.5
Minimum length: 1 week
Starts: every Monday
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
As soon as you book your course, your learning journey begins:
- Access EC Online from home to start your journey, test your starting level and get prepared
- Arrive at EC, settle in, and meet your teachers, support staff and classmates
- Follow a robust curriculum to achieve measurable results across all English language skills
- Log your progress, assess your strengths and weaknesses and personalise your path with EC Advance
- Receive continual guidance, monitoring and feedback from your teachers
- Assess your finishing level, and receive a certificate validated by Oxford University Press
- Continue to benefit from EC Online for three months after you leave