- 1 package tofu
- 1½ cups aged kimchi
- ¼ lb pork strips (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp kochukaru (red chili pepper flakes)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
How to cook tofu kimchi
- In a pot, fill enough water to cover the whole block of tofu and bring it to boil.
- Add some salt and boil tofu for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain well, cut in half and slice ½ inch thick. Keep it warm.
- Saute garlic in vegetable oil and add beef.
- Add salt and pepper or put a little soy sauce to taste.
- To prepare Kimchi ingredient, chop and drain.
- Add Kimchi, red chili pepper flakes, and soy sauce. Cook for 4-5 minutes and add sesame oil.
- On a plate, put Kimchi in the center and cubicle tofu pieces on the side or around the perimeter of the plate.
- Sprinkle chopped green onions for garnish.
-3 cups water
– a few green onions
– 4 tablespoons red paper paste
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 hard boiled egg
– sesame seeds
– ramen (noodle)
add some seasonings… (depends on your taste)
very easy 😛
1. just throw everything into a pot
3. put green onions toward the end
Connection to Korean culture: “Kimbap” is famous as a travel food. In south Korea, most people love to prepare it for picnics. It is a little tricky to make, so there are many stores to sell it in south Korea.
Ingredients for 2 rolls:
Cooked rice 1 bowls, dried rectangular seaweed 2 slice, burdock 1/2, cucumber 1/2, razor clam 2 lines, ham 2 lines, boiled fish paste 1/2 slice, carrots 1/4, fried eggs 1, pickled radish(yellow) 2 lines
Connection to American Culture: Apples are a fall favorite in the US. To make apple crisp we combine cinnamon, oats, and honey to make a delicious dessert!
2 cups oats
2 cups granola
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
honey (to taste)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Slice apples
3. Mix granola, oats, cinnamon, sugar, and melted butter together in a bowl
4. Cook for 30 minutes
5. Enjoy 🙂