From now on, every Friday I will put a new recipe!
Do you like to cook?
Try this recipe!
I chose "Fish Pie" because last weekend I was in Cornwall and while I was eating scones, I saw such a nice fish pie MJAM…I would have loved to eat it (I love so much eating fish)!
Let's follow the JAMIE OLIVER's Recipe!
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1kg potatoes
• 1 carrot
• 2 sticks of celery
• 150g good Cheddar cheese
• 1 lemon
• ½ a fresh red chilli
• 4 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 300g salmon fillets, skin off and bones removed
• 300g undyed smoked haddock fillets, skin off and bones removed
• 125g king prawns, raw, peeled
• olive oil
• optional: a good handful of spinach, chopped
• optional: a couple of ripe tomatoes, quartered
To prepare your Fish Pie
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and bring a large pan of salted water to the boil
• Peel the potatoes and cut into 2cm chunks
• Once the water is boiling, add your potatoes and cook for around 12 minutes, until soft (you can stick your knife into them to check)
• Meanwhile, get yourself a deep baking tray or earthenware dish and stand a box grater in it
• Peel the carrot
• Grate the celery, carrot and Cheddar on the coarse side of the grater
• Use the fine side of the grater to grate the zest from the lemon
• Finely grate or chop your chilli
• Finely chop the parsley leaves and stalks and add these to the tray
To cook and serve your Fish Pie
• Cut the salmon and smoked haddock into bite-size chunks and add to the tray with the prawns
• Squeeze over the juice from the zested lemon (no pips please!), drizzle with olive oil and add a good pinch of salt and pepper
• If you want to add any spinach or tomatoes, do it now
• Mix everything together really well
• By now your potatoes should be cooked, so drain them in a colander and return them to the pan
• Drizzle with a couple of good lugs of olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper
• Mash until nice and smooth, then spread evenly over the top of the fish and grated veg
• Place in the preheated oven for around 40 minutes, or until cooked through, crispy and golden on top
• Serve piping hot with tomato ketchup, baked beans, steamed veg or a lovely green salad