Bristol is such a lovely & lively city where there's always plenty to do.
Here are five tips for you just incase you get bored on a rainy day:
- Go Shopping: Bristol has three great & stylish shopping centres; The Galleries & Cabot Circus, both located in Bristol City Centre, and The Mall in Cribbs Causeway.
- Visit art galleries and museums: Bristol is famous for being a great place for the artists and art lovers. There are many venues to visit to explore the creative talent that the city has to offer, the largest are RWA, Arnolifini and Spike Island. The latter two are reknoned for showcasing contemporary art. To find out more about Bristol's rich history then you cqan visit one of it's fascinating museums. M Shed makes for a great day out where you'll learn lots about the history of the city you're studying in, there's also the Bristol City Museum on Park Street.
- Go to the Spa: Enjoy a great day and/or evening out and treat yourself to a visit to a wellbeing centre. Bristol boasts many spas such as The Relaxation Centre, The Lido, Spa Naturel at the Mercure Holland Hotel, Spa at the Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel and also the Spirit Health Club in Filton Holiday Inn.
- Eat cream tea. Have you ever tried the typical English afternoon tea? If you haven't, then you should! The best way to enjoy it is in a relaxing café with great atmosphere. We advise you visit Browns, who do a fantastic afternoon tea. But for many other cakes you can also go to Boston Tea Party, Spicer & Cole, Birdcage, Guild Café, Cox and Boloney, Caffe Clifton and Tart.
- Watch a movie at the cinema. More into independent movies rather than Hollywood blockbusters? Then the Watershed is for you. Otherwise you can always go to Showcase Cinema de Lux in Cabot Circus as well as Odeon or Cube cinema.
If you wish to get more tips and you are a current student at EC Bristol English school, do not hesitate to talk to our staff members.