After a brief discussion, the staff members of EC Bristol English school ranked their 5 favourite parks in Bristol.
- The Downs: A large grassy open space – perfect for picnics, sports such as football, cricket, badminton, flying kites, jogging and events. The Downs consist of Clifton Down and Durdham Down. It offers lovely views of the Clifton Suspension Bridge and the Avonmouth gorge. It is also the best place to watch the Bristol Balloon Fiesta.
- Victoria Park: A large, rolling Victorian neighbourhood park in south Bristol. There is a children's play area and it's also great for excercising.
- Brandon Hill: It is one of the oldest municipal parks in the country. Full of history and features. The park also offers splendid views of the city of Bristol, with Cabot Tower, situated at the summit of the hill, in the distance. It is a great place to see Avon wildlife and its wildflower meadow.
- Ashton Court Estate: it has over 1.6 million visitors annually. It is the UK's third busiest country park. Every year, it hosts the Bristol Hot Air Balloon Festival. It covers 850 ancres of woodland and grassland. The perfect place for practising golf, horse riding, mountain biking and ballooning.
- Castle Park: A haven for local residents, city centre workers and shoppers alike. It is a large, striking, feature filled park on the site of Bristol's ancient castle and mediaeval town centre. Festivals are often organised there.