So whilst studying in Cambridge, you may well have seen that we had a little bit of snow yesterday. Only a couple of inches, but enough for a mini snowball fight in the early hours.
Teacher Simon has put together some facts about snow. How many did you know?
- No snow flake is the same.
- The Inuits have around 30 words for snow. Not hundreds.
- There are more than 50 words for snow in the English language to talk about different forms of snow.
- It does snow in the artic. About 30-60 cms a year.
- The biggest snow flake in the world was recorded in Canada. It was 22.5 cms across and 11cms thick!
- The biggest snow sculpture in the world was made in China 2007.