I had an accident on Saturday and sprained my ankle while playing netball (an English sport, similar to basketball, mainly for women). When you sprain your ankle, it twists too far, and your foot can swell up (get bigger). Sometimes, you need to use crutches; they are sticks which help you walk but at the same time make it difficult to use your hands.
Here are 10 things I have discoverd today that you can’t do when you have sprained an ankle and are on crutches:
- Make a cup of tea in the kitchen and drink it in the lounge.
- Have a shower easily.
- Remember to bring everything you need from upstairs downstairs at the same time.
- Go up and down stairs at will or at speed.
- Stop your cat(s) causing mischief in the kitchen when you are in the lounge.
- Find a comfortable way to sit with one leg in the air all day.
- Put shoes on both feet.
- Go anywhere in a hurry.
- Eat soup anywhere other than in the kitchen (unless you have a sealable flask).
- Tidy up all the mess you’ve made in one day because of the above!
They say sport is good for you but after today, I’m not sure I agree. What do YOU think about sport?