Can you get free health care?

National Health Service

Many International students will be able to use the National Health Service (NHS), which offers free health care.
If you are from a European Economic Area (EEA), you qualify for full NHS treatment, you should get a European Health Insurance card before coming to the UK. EEA countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

If you are not from an EEA country you can still qualify for full NHS treatment if your course is for six months or more.

Registering with a doctor

If  you qualify for full NHS treatment you should register with your local General Practitioner (GP) as soon as you have a permanent address.

When you register you will need to take your passport, proof that you are a student, you can pick up a student letter from reception and proof of your address.

If you do not qualify for free NHS treatment you might want to get private medical insurance because private health care can be very expensive.

If you would like more infomation about the NHS you can go to thier website:

Walk-in Clinic – Soho

There is a  walk-in clinic which is a 10 – 15 min walk from the school. Their opening hours are:

Monday – Friday 8:00 – 20:00

Saturday – Sunday and Bank Holidays (Christmas Day closed) 10:00 – 20:00

If you would like a map or more information just come to reception.