The people of Guangzhou in south China really do love to talk! On the street, in the car, riding a bicycle – you name it, mobile phones are never far from people’s ears in this city.
Here are my top ten favourite unusual places where I have seen people chatting on their mobile phones:
10) On a very crowded underground train (yes, the phones here even work under ground!)
9) In a cable car
8) While participating in a yoga class
7) While teaching a yoga class
6) In a crowded lift
5) On a bamboo raft
4) While riding a tandem
3) While riding an elephant
2) Standing on the peak of a very peaceful mountain
… and finally, drum roll please…
1) While taking off in an aeroplane!