2019 was another wonderful year for EC Los Angeles because we spent it with our amazing students! If you are interested in learning English in the United States, EC Los Angeles will not only offer you valuable courses but also take you to fun activities, making your experience unforgettable. Check out some of our 2019 activities to see why we love EC Los Angeles!
ONLY IN LOS ANGELES
Los Angeles owns the first Universal Studios theme park and the first Warner Bros. Studios, both of which are in the home of the U.S. film industry – Hollywood. For that reason, one of our favorite activities is to go to TV show tapings!
- In the past year, we went to live TV shows taping at Warner Bros. Studios and saw many celebrities in person. For example, Joey Tribbiani from FRIENDS always has live shows in Studio City. And guess what: The ticket to see him is free!
- Besides sitcom tapings, we also went to America’s Got Talent: The Champions. That night, former winners and finalists from 194 countries and regions gathered in LA to perform the best AGT show of the year.
If you are a sports fan, you are going to love LA! Lakers and Clippers for NBA, Dodgers for baseball, Rams for football, LAFC for soccer…you name it!
- Earlier this year, we had an All-You-Can-Eat Dodgers Game with our students. If you love food and want to catch a home run ball, then you should join us next time!
- The other big game that attracts people from all over the world is the Lakers game. In October, we went to see Lakers vs. Warriors. LeBron James and Anthony Davis were there! Our students enjoyed a great time watching that intense game – only at EC Los Angeles 😊
Do you know LA is also a city of arts and fashion? You can go to Getty Museum for a peek into modern beauty, The Broad for an “Infinity Mirrored Room” by Yayoi Kusama, The Grammy Museum for the history of American music, yet there are many more for you to explore.
- In spring, we went hiking to the Hollywood sign, and had pizza picnic at Griffith Observatory – such a lovely scene that brought us back to La La Land!
- To immerse in LA Christmas, we went to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive for a luxurious Christmas light view. Check out our previous blog to know more about LA in this beautiful season.
California is also well known as another theme park capital. Universal Studios Hollywood, Disneyland Resort, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Knott’s Berry Farm are world-class theme parks located in Los Angeles area and we’ve been in all of them:
- We especially love Halloween on the theme parks. Many of our students loved our activities at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights and Knott’s Scary Farm. Some of the scariest and longest Halloween mazes are there!
- If you like theme parks, it looks like 2020 is gonna be a good year for visiting them. We already have activities in some of them for January and more coming up! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and the new rollercoasters of Six Flags Magic Mountain are already waiting for us. And Disneyland will open the new Avengers Campus in summer 2020 so we have to go back!
Do you want more? Many EC Los Angeles students are joining the New Year’s Eve party in Las Vegas. A multi-million dollar celebration with an amazing fireworks spectacular show in an 800,000 people party. Sounds amazing!
There remains much more to explore in LA, including our Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest, our Thanksgiving Potluck… and many more activities. If you want to start a journey with EC Los Angeles in the year 2020, please check out our courses here, or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Happy New Year for our ECLA family to yours!