The Maltese capital is already labelled as a World Heritage Site. Being chosen for this event is an opportunity to promote, the historical culture of the archipelago.
This is an opportunity, to reaffirm Malta’s architectural differences, within European territory. Valetta will be the European capital of culture from the 1st January, 2018 to the 31st December, 2018.
What is a European capital of culture?
Each year, the European commission chooses a city from various applicants. The objectives of this are to:
– Highlight the richness and the diversity of European cultures
– Celebrate the cultures , that unite Europeans together
– Allow Europeans to meet each other’s and encourage the mutual understanding of each culture.
– It integrates the individuals in a European environment.
– It raises awareness about the cultural life
– It increases the visibility to an international level.
The city was not chosen for the events being held at the moment , but for the future events being held during the year. The projects and events will be remarkable and extraordinary.
Stay tuned to the EC Malta Blog, for updates !
Study English in Malta with EC English Language Centres!