With the Olympics happening right now, many people from all over the world are watching their televisions and reading sports news to find out how well their teams are doing. It’s interesting how the names of sports in various languages are sometimes quite different. Take this short quiz below to see how well you know the sports in the summer Olympics. We will reveal the answers tomorrow!
1. Players in this sport use a small racquet to hit a light ball back and forth. It’s similar to tennis, but smaller.
2. This sport is similar to handball, but it happens in a pool.
3. You must use a horse to do this sport and you can participate in 3 types of events, including jumping.
4. You need to use an arrow to do this sport. You also must aim for a target.
5. There are many events in this sport. Some of the most famous are running events, high jump, and long jump.
6. Many athletes in this sport are short, but they are very strong because they have to balance well and do a lot of flips and turns.
7. This sport is similar to handball, but you must dribble if you want to move with the ball. Miami is famous for this sport this year.
8. In this sport, athletes jump into the pool with their heads first. They sometimes do this in partners and they don’t want to make a big splash when they enter the pool.
9. This sport usually reminds people of the past because it involves fighting with swords. Players wear masks and all white clothing and try to hit each other with swords.
10. This event involves running, swimming, and biking.