There are so many benefits of learning another language. New research has shown the incredible advantages of learning a new language. We’ve compiled a list of 7 benefits of learning a new language.
- Learning another language is good for your brain
The language centres in your brain grow when you learn a new language
- Learning another language can help ward off Alzheimer’s and dementia
Studies show that monolingual adults show signs of dementia earlier than multi-lingual adults.
- Learning a second language boosts your memory
Studies show that bilinguals are better at remembering shopping lists, names, and directions
- Learning a second language makes you better at multi-tasking
A study from the Pennsylvania State University showed that multi-lingual people were better at multi-tasking than mono-lingual people. Participants in the study used a driving simulator while doing separate tasks at the same time. The research showed that multi-linguals made fewer errors while driving.
- Learning a new language is great for travelling
Think about all of the possible destinations you can visit if you can speak English. Getting comfortable with your speaking level will motivate you to get out there and practice your new language in a new country.
- Learning a new language will give you a huge advantage in the job market
Adding fluency in a second language can really boost your C.V. and resume. Being able to converse in another language is a huge plus for employers.
- Learning a new language can help you Improve your first language
It’s a fact that learning a new language can make you better at your first language.
Experience first-hand the amazing benefits of learning English and Study English in Canada at EC Toronto.