Students, are you interested in working, paid or unpaid, in Vancouver? If you answered “YES!”, you might be interested in our Co-Op programs. It is a way to supplement your studies with real-world knowledge and it will provide you with enriching experiences and lifelong memories.
We offer three different types of Co-Op programs:
1. Co-Op Unpaid Work
- this is an internship so you will not be paid but will gain valuable experience in a Canadian work environment
- you do not have to find your own work place
- you will have an initial interview with the placement agency to discuss preferences and interests, types of placements
2. Co-Op Paid Self Placement
- you will look for your own job so it requires a lot of dedication and effort
- we can give you tips and pointers to get that job you want
3. Co-Op Guaranteed Placement
- you do not have to find your own job
- you will have an initial interview with the placement agency to discuss your preferences and interests, types of placements
Some points to keep in mind when deciding whether you want to work or intern are:
- you must have an Intermediate level or higher level of English
- you must have a study + work permit (you can apply for it here)
- the co-op placement agency needs about 6 weeks to place you with a company
- there is a one-time fee (please see us for more information)
Remember, you get out of the program what you put in so if you are serious about gaining valuable experience outside of your studies, come and talk to me or the front desk staff.
Happy studying (and working)!