Hello EC Vancouver students!!
There are so many things to do in Vancouver this summer! Here are a few recommendations from EC Vancouver !!
1. Food Cart Fest
- Admissions: $2
- Dates: Every Sunday in the summer until August 30th
- Time: Noon to 5 p.m.
- Location: 215 West 1st Avenue (Between the Cambie Bridge and Olympic Village)
You can Visit the website for more information: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/06/food-cart-festival-vancouver-2014/
2. Chariot Festival of India
The 41st annual Chariot Festival also known as “Jagannath Rath Yatra” is taking place in Downtown Vancouver on August 10th.
This is an Indian festival which offers many fun activities like Music & Dance, Live Theatre, Mendi Hand henna, Yoga & Meditation, Veggie-Cooking demos and many more.
This colorful, multicultural and multidimensional parade starts at 11:30 AM on the 10th of August from Beach ave. at Howe St. (under the Granville St Bridge). The parade will be proceeding along Beach Avenue to Stanley Park 2nd Beach at 1:00 PM.
- When: Sunday, August 10
- Time: 11:30AM – 6:00PM
- Where: Second Beach, Stanley Park
- Admission: Free
You can Visit the website for more information: http://vanchariotfest.com/
3. Free Salsa Dancing in Robson Square
Want to try something unique and fun? Every Sunday afternoon, you can join the free salsa lessons and enjoy performances for FREE! This event is open to everyone and regardless of your salsa skill level!
- When: Every Sunday in the summer until August 24th
- Time: 3:00PM – 5:00PM
- Where: Robson Square (across from the Vancouver Art Gallery)
- Admissions: Free
EC offers various English Courses, including TOEIC preparation courses in Vancouver.