BC is home to many Universities and Colleges. However there are more Colleges than Universities in Vancouver because many of these institutions offer career based training instead of theory and degrees. Nonetheless, most Colleges offer many diplomas and certificates that also allows students to transfer credits to other colleges or universities across Canada. Examples of these colleges are :
- Columbia college
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Langara College
- LaSalle College Vancouver
- Ashton College
- CDI College Vancouver
- The Art Institute of Vancouver
- Vancouver Film School
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Douglass college
- Coquitlam college
- Alexander college
With that in mind, the two main and largest sought universities in town are:
- Simon Fraser University : Situated on top of Burnaby Mountain, SFU is home to over 35,000 students. SFU is unique because it also hosts FIC and three different campuses across the lower mainland.
- University of British Columbia : Above all known for its Medicine, Engineering, Sciences and many other programs and faculties. UBC is unique because it is usually a part of the top 50 best Universities in the world. It also has Multiple campuses around the mainland with one specifically in Kelowna, Okanagan.
Furthermore, Universities and Colleges mentioned above require you to have Ielts 6.5 or higher to be admitted fully. Most Universities do not offer conditional acceptances, meaning that you must fulfill the English requirements as part of admission.
However, studying English with us allows you to enroll in a post secondary program whether it’s a diploma, certificate, bachelors or masters even if you don’t fulfill the English requirements. Learn English in Vancouver with us and achieve your goals!
In conclusion, check out our partner universities to study ESL with us and transcend to a university in Canada.