Boston - TOEFL Exam Preparation
Whether you need TOEFL to enter university or for your career, make sure you get the best score you can by getting the best help. Taking a TOEFL preparation course with EC is your essential first step towards success.
You’ll get more out of this course if
- Your level is between Upper Intermediate to Advanced.
- You wish to enter university in a native English speaking country.
- You want an internationally recognised English qualification for your future profession.
- You want better opportunities for future employment.
- You are serious about improving all areas of your English and gaining a highly respected English qualification.
What can you expect on this course?
At the beginning of the course, instructors meet with students individually to set goals and carry out an assessment. Students are then able to track their progress through weekly practice exams and quizzes.
Many students know that English alone is not enough to prepare them for the TOEFL. To succeed on this test, students need specialised exam skills and strategies.
Focus is placed upon teaching effective exam techniques. Your course will cover:
You will be taught methods and strategies for successfully completing integrated and independent writing skills.
You will learn the speaking skills needed to confidently manage speaking on a number of challenging topics.
You will be taught listening strategies, such as listening for gist and listening for detail. You will be exposed to various natural English accents.
You will practice reading a number of authentic academic writings. You will be taught to scan, read for general meaning and details, plus, you will learn how to restate and make inferences, amongst other reading skills.
You will be monitored by your teacher, given feedback while also being assessed on your performance through a number of assignments. You will use authentic test materials to prepare you fully for your test. You will participate in regular sample tests, and prepare for all sections of the TOEFL test.
- Course Duration: 4 or 8 weeks
- 30 lessons per week (22.5 hours per week)
- Level: Upper Intermediate to Advanced
- Start Monday; End Friday
- Maximum students per class: 14 (Malta, Cape Town:12 / Oxford: 15)
Well this is a wonderful experience for me. It was the first time for me in America and I had such a great time! EC Miami helped me to improve my English and meet new people from all over the world. Both staff members and teachers...read more