Boston - TOEFL Exam Preparation
Need TOEFL to enter university or for your career? Get the best score you can with our help. Taking a TOEFL preparation course with EC is an important first step towards your success.
You’ll get more out of this course if
- Your level is between Upper Intermediate to Advanced.
- You wish to enter university in a native English speaking country.
- You want an internationally recognised English qualification for your future profession.
- You want better opportunities for future employment.
- You are serious about improving all areas of your English and gaining a highly respected English qualification.
What can you expect on this course?
At the beginning of the course, instructors meet with students individually to set goals and carry out an assessment. Students are then able to track their progress through weekly practice exams and quizzes.
Many students know that English alone is not enough to prepare them for the TOEFL. To succeed on this test, students need specialised exam skills and strategies.
Focus is placed upon teaching effective exam techniques. Your course will cover:
Learn the speaking skills you need to talk confidently on a number of topics in order to take the speaking test. Practicing with your teacher will make your English sound more natural.
Improve your listening ability. We will teach you a variety of listening strategies, such as listening for gist and listening for detail. You will get the chance to listen to different English accents.
Become a better writer by learning the methods and strategies needed to successfully take the writing section of the test. Your ability to write a long descriptive essay is important if you want to do well.
Practice reading a variety of real academic papers. You will be taught to scan, read for general meaning and details. You will also learn how to restate and make inferences.
You will be monitored by your teacher, given feedback while also being assessed on your performance through a number of assignments. You will use authentic test materials to prepare you fully for your test. You will participate in regular sample tests, and prepare for all sections of the TOEFL test.
Estimated Exam Costs 2014 (If exam is taken in the UK – costs will vary according to exam centre, travel to exam centre not included): £130
- Course Duration: 4 or 8 weeks
- 30 lessons per week (22.5 hours per week)
- Level: Upper Intermediate to Advanced
- Start Monday; End Friday
- Maximum students per class: 14 (Malta, Cape Town:12 / Oxford: 15)
Brighton is a great place to learn English, meet a lot of British people and there are plenty of activities to entertain your self. I chose EC Brighton because in the past I studied in EC Cambridge and improved my English a lot. I...read more