CELTA at EC Toronto
One of Canada's most active CELTA centres since 1996.
Recognized as a TESL Canada Standard One
Registered as a Private Career College
We have been inspected and approved by Cambridge ESOL.
LSC International College – offered at EC Toronto. CELTA at LSC International College is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. LSC International College is registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
Our Toronto CELTA course
- Is a full-time, 4 week programme
- Involves a minimum of 120 hours with additional time required for preparation and assignments
- Follows the Cambridge CELTA syllabus and provides practical and professional awareness of learners, language, methodology and materials
- Develops practical ability in classroom management, lesson planning, introduction and practice of new language, and the development of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Is intended for native speakers of English and those whose English is of native-speaker level
- Provides pre-service training to those with no teaching experience
- Is also suited to those who are already in the profession, but who have no formal teaching qualification
You are responsible for obtaining the following reading materials upon your acceptance into the CELTA program.
Learning Teaching, Jim Scrivener (Heinemann)
A Concise Grammar for English Language Teachers, Tony Penston (TP Publications)
Practical English Usage, Michael Swan (Oxford University Press)
For more details on course content and format, please see page 2 of the syllabus.
Should you require accommodation, we have a variety of residences available. Our accommodations are chosen with comfort, safety and a central location in mind. Please contact us for more information on availability and pricing.
Students must have health insurance before the start of their classes at EC. You may choose to purchase insurance through your agency, airline, employer or even through EC. At EC Toronto we provide insurance through guard.me.