A big welcome to our new students who started on May 26th. We met everyone outside of school at 11:30AM and took a part of the Sunday experience which includes ice breakers, a tour around downtown Vancouver, and of course lunch at White Spot.
After greeting each other and knowing each other’s names, we ask everyone to get together in small groups and ask simple questions like:
- What is your nickname if you have one and age?
- Where are you originally from and what languages do you speak?
- What are your interests or hobbies?
- Why did you choose Vancouver or Canada specifically?
- What is your favorite movie or TV show?
- What is your favorite singer, band or artist?
- How long are you staying in Vancouver or Canada for?
- What do you do back home? Work, study, volunteer?
After the ice breakers..
we head up Seymour street, and take a right towards Georgia street and stop there to explain more about Granville, Pacific Centre, London Drugs, Robson street and many other spots that they will need like:
- The Art Gallery at Robson Square
- How to get to the beach from Robson Street, Granville Street and Burrard.
White Spot is a Canadian restaurant and a local favorite because it accommodates various kinds of foods, desserts and beverages.
Above all, EC Vancouver is an English language school for international students. We have programs and courses for various needs and requirements! English for work, English in the city and global awareness, are just examples of our classes that are offered all year long. To learn more about our programs and ESL courses, visit our website or contact us by finding us on Facebook @ec_vancouver and Instagram @EC Vancouver.
EC Languages Centre is situated in 8 countries with multiple locations in the USA, Canada, and the UK.