In the English-speaking business world you may have to discuss the information on graphs. Here we take a look at some of the vocabulary we use to describe graph trends.
- went up
- stayed the same
- remained constant
- levelled off
Up and Down
Small Changes - Adjectives / Adverbs
Big Changes - Adverbs / Adjectives
- a lot
- bottomed out
- reached a low
Now match the graphs to the correct definitions by using the numbers of each graph:
- Sales bottomed out in May.
- Sales levelled off from July.
- Sales rose steadily over the year.
- Sales peaked in June.
- Sales remained the same.
- Sales increased sharply from June.
- Sales rose gradually through the year.
- Sales fell steadily through over the year.