A simple review for you today. Read through the 14 sentences and complete them using the following words:
go, goes, going, went or gone.
This is basic English; however, I often hear English learners using the wrong verbs when speaking. Take a moment to look at the context of each sentence before making your choice.
2 options are possible for question 7. 'Went' is ok, but which other word can we use?
Can you all get 14/14? Did you make any mistakes?
- 1 - The baby to sleep an hour ago.
- 2 - They are to the airport soon.
- 3 - I will out soon.
- 4 - Shall we shopping.
- 5 - Simon to yesterday's party on his own.
- 6 - We to Spain last year.
- 7 - Samuel to school by bus.(NOT 'Went')
- 8 - Are they to buy you a present?
- 9 - Where have my keys ?
- 10 - Let's fishing tomorrow.
- 11 - They have already to the post office.
- 12 - We used to dancing on the weekend.
- 13 - Terry has for lunch. He'll be back soon.
- 14 - to sleep is easy if you have had a hard day.