Unlike me, I'm sure some of you are interested in, or practise sports! Here is a revision lesson on some of the verbs we commonly use to talk about sports. All you need to do is choose the correct verb in each sentence.
Lesson by Caroline Devane
1. We are ___ against Chelsea tomorrow, I hope the team does well.
2. Manchester United ___ 3 - 0 yesterday!
3. Anna ___ ten minutes before the end of the game.
4. I don’t want to ___ again. We’ve performed so badly this season.
5. I’m sure John was ___ last night. I’ll never play with him again, you can’t trust him.
6. In the end, the two schools ___, which was the best result in my opinion because my daughter was in one team and my son was in the other!
7. Next time I pass to you, try to ___ the ball!
Bookmark/Search this post with:
Signup to our newsletter "English in your Inbox" to receive your monthly fix of English by email. The newsletter includes useful lessons, competitions and book reviews.