One of my favourite things to do is read quotes. I like to learn more about the world by thinking about other people’s ideas. So, here’s a slightly different lesson for you! Below, I have written some quotes by famous authors, but a word is missing from each quote. Your job is to use the web to find the missing words.
1. "As you get older it is harder to have ___, but it is sort of necessary." Ernest Hemmingway
2. "Reality is wrong ___ are for real." Tupac Shakur
3. "Be careful about reading health books. You may ___ of a misprint." Mark Twain
4. "I saw the ___ in the marble and carved until I set him free." Michelangelo
5. "Failure is ___ if we learn from it." Malcolm Forbes
6. "Nothing can bring you ___ but yourself." Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the ___." Douglas Adams
8. "Humour is just another ___ against the universe." Mel Brooks
Lesson by Caroline
Link: Choose the missing word
Which is your favourite quote? Let me know!