A compound noun is two words put together to make one word. For example, toothpaste, a paste which you use to clean your teeth (tooth+paste=toothpaste)!
Match one word from 1-10 with a word from a-j to create a compound noun to answer the ten questions.
Can you think of anymore? Good luck!
Lesson by Caroline
1 to 10
A to J
Example: 1 - "The place where you sleep": bed + room = bedroom
- 1 - The place where you sleep.
- 2 - A popular American sport.
- 3 - Sushi is an example of this.
- 4 - A place to grow plants.
- 5 - A place to party!
- 6 - A thing you use to look after the stuff on top of your head.
- 7 - You might need one of these if you go travelling.
- 8 - Chores like tidying and cleaning.
- 9 - You need one of these to live!
- 10 - You may read one on the way to work.