We get this question asked quite a bit. English is the obvious language to learn. It is spoken worldwide. It is the international language of business. It is the common language spoken among tourists all over the world. EC Montreal teaches English as a foreign language and has helped thousands of students accomplish their language goals!!
But, why would someone need to learn French?
EC Montreal proudly teaches French too! It is Canada’s second official language. More and more students are signing up for French classes or those who are registered in our English programmes are deciding to add a French afternoon class. We have been polling our students to find out more about why they are learning French. Here are some of the most common replies:
– I’ve always wanted to learn French. It is such a beautiful language.
– I already speak English and Spanish and now with French, I feel I can travel anywhere in the world.
– French is the international language of diplomacy.
– There are over 300 million people in the world who speak French.
– I want to immigrate to Quebec and want to get a good job.
– I am from Switzerland and need French for my job.
– My company has an office in Paris. I preferred to come to Montreal because I never visited North America.
– I want to surprise my wife with a trip to Paris for our anniversary. I want to impress her.
– I just moved to Montreal and need to learn the language.
– I need French for my work and preferred to come to Montreal than to go to France.
– I am studying to be a chef and need to learn French.
– English is not enough. Learning 2 additional languages will help me with my career.
– I learn French at school in Peru, but don’t have a chance to practice. Being in Montreal, I can really practice and improve my French. My grandparents were originally from France and I want to honor them by learning the language.